My Postcard to Malaysia - 2014 OCT

I sent two postcards to SL Liew from Malaysia in October 2014, when I was travelling to Iwami Ginzan in Japan.

Ginzan means "silver mountain." It is an abandoned silver mine in southwest Japan (Shimane Prefecture). Today, it is listed as a UNESCO site.

While I am collecting postcards, I have found that there are quite a lot of people looking for postcards showing UNESCO site, SL included. That is why I decided to send postcards of Iwami Ginzan to other collectors in exchange of my favourite postcards. The response was very enthusiastic and eventually, I spent two hours writing postcards in the only post office in Iwami Ginzan.



This card shows the community, Oomori Machi, around Iwami Ginzan. In the past, miners settled here. 





This card shows Daikansho, or the Office of the Magistrate. Iwami Ginzan was the largest silver mine in Japan and thus, a Daikansho was set up here to prevent others taking control of it. The first Magister is Okubo Nagayasu, who had been experienced in administering the golden mines in Kai, Sado etc. 

Visit SL's blog for more explanation
More about Iwami Ginzan



copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com